Tuesday, June 21, 2005

I am swimming!

For about 4 months with no swimming (main air kat pantai doesnt count yah!), I decided to take a plunge into the pool today. Kalau tak, how the hell am I suppose to swim kat PD? Not only its gonna be a hellish 1.5k swim (anything more than 50m swim IS hell to me) summore the swim will be in open water! Cuak!!

I went swimming at Kompleks sukan Seri Siantan, Selayang. Waa..the complex looks quite new. Last year baru bukak kut. And when entering the pool area, you are given wrist tag like the one they give you at Sunway Lagoon. Wohoo! No wonder its 3 bucks per entry!

Plan for today: swim a few laps across the pool freestyle. I repeat. Across the pool. Not really the whole length of the pool which is 50m I think. Tak berani woo! Kang tak pasal aku tenggelam kat tengah. The thing is, nak practise balik the tech of swimming freestyle. My freestyle is known to be a menggelabah kind of freestyle. But the result tak pegi jauh pun. Haha!

Focus. Focus on the stroke. Focus when to breathe. Tapi lupa plak nak kasi rilex kaki. Erkk.. 3 x lap dah lenguh kaki. Aparaa.. tapi managed to get about 10 laps gak la. its ok. This is the first time around. Ada 3 minggu lagi. I want to glide in the water...ceh poyo.

Lepas ni kena datang more often. Oh, nak kena book hotel and register event. The whole family is gonna be there. Yeah! Cheer for me folks! The Kicap-man hath cometh!

3 comments:

TriStupe said...

joining the PD triathlon ke?

tank said...

yes indeed bro. wish me luck! haha!!

Anonymous said...

just fyi, there will be nothing to hold on tau during the swim ... there's no place to relax ... so ... train hard