Monday, June 13, 2005

1st ride in Putrajaya.

It was awesome! Well just leave out how my crotch feels after the 30k ride, it was totally awesome.

The ride started at around 7am, which I was late for it. Barely just missed the posse at the starting because I went for solat for a while. Then shake hands lebih kurang, greeted some familiar faces-Ajeep, off we went. We took the Powerman route.

Eventho I threaded the route (or most of it) on foot before, this was a different game. Climbs after climbs (lucky not that steep!) hauling my 'kicap' heavy bike just, .. make my legs stronger. Haha! I dont know what to do actually yesterday. The group almost went out their own way halfway into the course. So I just whack la. But I dont hammer myself out. I'd be a fool to do that. I remember to : 1) Climb hill seated. 2) Maintain high cadance on.
Most of the time I was on zmy wheels until he stopped due to gastrointestinal problem. I had some minor problems myself. My chain skipped out the rings in front, twice. Luckily I rode bikes as a kid, so minor-minor problem like that okay laa.
Then I continued with Fadhil, my senior from skool. He had with him a Merida worth 2k! Best jer seeing him shift gears using the Shimano DCL. Nemind. I like it hard.
Near the PICC, saw Grunge doing his long run. We came together but since I wanted to try riding in Putrajaya, I couldnt join him.

Upon reaching the finishing point, said to myself "Heck, lets do some brick la!". So letak bike depan kereta, minum sikit, and off berlari! At first, I dont think I can even shuffle my legs. Then the rhythm starts to come in, barulah boleh sustain running for about 5k. Saw Grunge on the opposite site of the road, and I decided to join him back.

Actually, the cycling group the day was Penguin 2, Ajeep, Bacin, Fadhil, zmy and erm..forgot la. I think 2 people got flats. God forbid i have a flat coz I dont have a spare, or anything on my bike! Hehe..practically, aku main redah jer!

Like I said before, the ride was awesome.Eventho tak laju or anytjhing, I liked it very much. Looking forward to the next one.

No comments: