Sunday, June 26, 2005

En route to triathlon pt 2


As usual, I paid my visit to Putrajaya this morning. Despite a bit late due to Confederations Cup semi between Brazil and Germany (yahoo! Brazil won!), I dragged myself for a 20 min drive there. Funny how a place as far as Putrajaya is only 20 min away on Sunday morning...

So I arrived there around 9:15, which to me is quite late to do an outdoor workout. Panas woo! But then I thought, 'eleh, masa race where got cool weather!' Plus, its a bit cloudy this morning. Lucky me.

Plan? cycle the Powerman route plus another half of it. Total distance? Around 45km kut. I dunno for sure coz I dont have a 'cycling computer'. Heh..I dont even have a spare tube in that case! Ok. Spare tube is a must buy next time. Plus pump. Plus some cheap clipless pedal and shoes. I tell later why I need pedal n shoes.

This time around, there was no one else for me to draft. Aiyoo.. and to add suffering to this weak mind of mine, ada headwind (not the band!) pulak for most of the time! Macam 'mumuku' dekat Kona la pulak! You see, pedalling through the headwind is damn difficult. Berat semacam. And for the whole ride, including while climbing, I only used my quads to push. Adoi. Sakit!! So thats why la I need clipless pedals. So then boleh utilise my hamstring to 'pull' as well.

Near the end of my 1:50 ride, I saw a couple of dudes running in their cycling shorts near the big-ass roundabout. Hmm must be doing brick training nih...
Conclusion, puas hati with the ride. Dont feel totally wiped out. But next time around must get up earlier!!

No comments: