Monday, April 11, 2005

Bowel movements

Since I missed out my LSD last weekend due to a housewarming party hosted by my friend, I was looking forward to this week's run.

Arrived at the usual spot around 6:15am. Solat Subuh at the mosque and went to get my self ready. But this time, I had some peculiar bowel movements that needed my attention. Argh..bugger. Due to lack of fruits I guess, Im having a hard time at the loo. Damn. After I'm done there (or so I thought) put my shoes on and had simple warmup. As I was about to start, two 4-wheeler with bikes mounted on top pulled to park a couple of metres besides me. Complete with aerobars and all la. Hmm..looks like they're having a group ride. It was 7:15am and I need to start right away coz the sky is still dark despite the sun coming up. It will probably rain la.

Down the usual route, which takes me about 1h34mins to reach the KPDHEP building. Ah, it was Saturday and the offices are having their aerobics in front of their respective ministry buildings. Kinda funny though. Looks like they're bouncing to the tunes of J'Lo and Aqua. I decided to go longer today. So instead of turning right to head to my car, I turned left and cover more km's before turning back.

At this moment, more bowel movements occur. Oh, cant it please wait till I get to my car? I thought it would go away, be drowned by fatigue that's about to set in. By the time I reached PICC, my bowel finally had enough patience with me. Well, you gotta go when you gotta go. I will leave the details out coz its not too pretty. Hah.

But it kinda dissapoint me coz I have to stop for almost 6 minutes. You know la, to get going back with tired legs after 2 hours of running, its kinda hard. Wished there was a taxi or bus that I can just wave and hop in. But sorry, I'm almost at the edge of Putrajaya and even if I dropped dead there, nobody would've noticed me.

But on my way back, there were a couple of cyclist went pass me but they're not the on I saw before. I wonder where they went. If they were taking the Powerman route as well, takkan lembab sangat? All the way thru my run, not a single bike passed me up to this point. Hmm.. Then, a few minutes later, barulah nampak those fellas coming from the opposite direction. Looks like they're leisurely spinning jer. Well, maybe too much money to spend but not enough energy to spend. Haha! It rhymes! I think if they went up Hulu Langat, sure die one. But on the bridge coming to Dataran Putra, they somehow overtook me. We were seperated by almost a minute.

I thought they're going to do another round (since a 2 hour ride on a weekend is kinda nothing, btul tak Azwar?) but they didnt. Waa..muka rilek jer masing-masing. As for me, I'm spent. Not like race-like spent but spent alright laa. I clocked 2h16mins for what ought to be a 18-19km run. I went pass them, gave 'em a nod. They nodded back. I dont even know them. Neither do they. But it seems like we who are in the endurance sports does acknowledge each other. BTW, during my run, I came across two fellas running with Malakoff vests. Woo...gerun. Then a couple of minutes after I'm done, I saw them on bikes. Waa! Doing brick training I guess. Syoknye!

All in all, I think I have the musculoskeletal strength to go distances, aerobic eficiency has improved, but I do need to address this bowel activity though. Surely you dont want to experience this sort of things during a race. Malaysian organisers are a bit kedekut on Porta-Loo you know. Last time at KLIM, there were only 4 of them if Im not mistaken. Kedekut taik idung masin.

No comments: