Thursday, February 23, 2006

Sucking up some sambal belacan

Funny how some people hate those who would do them good. As though its so repulsive. They loathe the faintest idea that this person would do them good.

Remember your most hated teacher back at school? I remember my ustaz at school. He was like - oh my GOD - so mean that he carries rotan 80% of the time I saw him. And of course I got whacked once in a while lah. But because of him, I think, Im a bit better in mengaji.

Some quarters might say its like a father teaching his children lah. Straight as a ruler, but deep down inside, its love. But that's children. What happens when we deal with intelligent, grown-up people? Well, I would say that there could be repercussion. Even at school we could always scratch the side of the teacher's car so ugly, that the teacher had to change cars with his/her wife.

But then again, they want us to do good. Maybe, just maybe we think or feel that his/her ways are not suitable to our sissy ass. But the objective remains the same. They want us to do good. Just like sambal belacan, its hot but its its good. So suck it up.