Thursday, February 09, 2006

Wahlau!

OK. My 'iron' bike aka basikal kicap has been given a new breath of life. Well, its actually me that's gonna have few more breath after riding it. As I said before, new wheelset, new groupset and even a new bar tape!

The thing is, I almost got myself an Ultegra FD for me kicap. But luckily the tauke didnt have any that support triple chainring. Nasib baik. Kalau tak, ada jugak esteemed brand kat bike aku. Neway, Ultegra tu pun model 2004 kut. Nampak lama semacam jek. Well I sorta have to change another FD coz the one Ajeep ( yo I still owe you 50!) gave me, the clamp was bigger than my seat tube. So... I put another Shimano kokak one la...

Back to breathing issue. I got a gut feeling that my bike setup is waaaay lighter than the old one. How light? I dunno la. Never timbang it before and no plans to do it now. Suffice it to say 'ada perbezaan'. No Samy Vellu stuff here ah. I mean, I grab a hold of the old crankset and it was berat macam besi. Memang besi pun! And the new one is like aluminium. Sendiri kira la.

Enough said la. Apart from changing a new seatpost and saddle to prevent me from being sterile at a young age (ehem, oh, it moves), my training bike is complete. Lepas ni, simpan duit beli Cannondale yea!

Oh, and on another note, dont buy anything Danish. Thank you.