Monday, October 10, 2005

Good morning teacher!

Do you remember the one teacher or lecturer that everytime he(or she, i just malas to type) teaches, everything that came out of his mouth sounds meaningless to you? Or the one that bore you to death everytime he's holding the mic? Well maybe, just maybe these teachers need some refresher course on how to teach.

I once had a lecturer who seemingly talks to himself in front of the crowd. How boring this dude was. I think he still is. And not surprising, my grades for his papers arent that good. Ok la, there are those who made good grades but his effect on his teaching to me is ziltch. Nada. Zero. Lepas kelas dia aku pegi library cari his buku rujukan and read. Thats it. Oh yea, I once confronted him and asked what can I do by learning this? (It was on the subject of media power) I cannot fight the system? And he goes "its not what you can do about the system. OK?" But I still stood there waiting for a definite answer. He doesnt look like giving one. Oi, reach out la brader. Your student is in dire need of knowledge here!! After that, I never asked him another question again.

Anyway, an authoritative figure in education once said that education should not be exam oriented. So memang aku tak kisah sangat. Hahah. But this sort of teachers, they should be given a wake up call la. Jangan ingat nak jadi lecturer so dapat geran buat research and other stuff, balik awal so boleh tengok telenovela kat tv, till teaching becomes secondary. Anak murid ko tidur kat blakang lecture hall mesti ada sebab. Reach out to the masses. The masses are students. Ini tak. Bukak OHP, explain lebih kurang and then ask, "semua faham?" Faham la for about 20 minutes. After that kaput.

I never stop learning. Never want to. To be in the know is very the best. hahah. But the more you know, the more you dont know. Haa. Think bout it.

No comments: