Sunday, February 27, 2005

What an embarrassing show

Langkawi once again became the home of Ironman, after the license has been renewed by WTC. But what a shameful display it was. I heard on the tube, only 38 participants started. Out of that, 2 are women. What supposed to be 'The toughest show on earth' turned out to be like a sukaneka on a family day. I just couldnt imagine why on earth does that Sri Ram Sarma still want to get it on with after realising that the organizing commitee only sat down to discuss this matter only two weeks ago. Yes he knew that. Bugger, you knew that it was too late for the event, why bother? I mean skip for this year and make it big next year la! You just tainted the good name of Langkawi as the host! Not forgetting yours too. I really don't think there will be another Ironman on Malaysian soil.
Why I'm such an perturbed person now? Becoz Ironman has a special place in my heart. It was where I begin. I will, do it one day.

1 comment:

Julian said...

Hey Tank! Man.. the Ironman.. wah liao! I tell you... I obviously can't do Ironman or any triathlon just yet la. But my sax teacher, Greg Lyons does! And he was upset when he found out that the Langkawi Ironman was a qualifying event for Kona! ANd he was just scheduled to leave for Taiwan that day or something! He told me that even if he was not entirely ready to do well in the race, he would've still done it so he could get qualified for Kona.... IF he knew that the Ironman in L'kawi was happening! Damn... sakit hati for him, man!