Friday, January 20, 2006

Why ?

Why? Why do people who train hard day and night, exert themselves during a gruelling race, be hard done by something like brain tumor? Something like Lou Gehrig? Something like cystic fibrosis? Something like, dead sick?

Why all of that hard work wasted because of some illness?

Maybe its God’s way telling human that nobody is invincible.

I dunno. It just seem unfair to me.

I know of a person who was diagnosed with brain tumor. He said he hadnt much time left. Thing is, I raced with him once. Maybe more. But I vividly remember him during PD Tri. I was at the back of the pack during the swim. Then, he came from behind to me and asked if I’m ok. "Are you ok, Fitri?." I was struggling to float at that time. I said, “Don’t worry, I’m ok”. He swam on. I never caught him on the bike. Then, 2km into the run, I caught up with him.

You see, he is the kind that enjoys the active life. Trekking, running, tri and many more that I maybe not aware of. Read up his blog and you’ll see.

Funny guy la. Once I saw him race at the Poweman last year, he was selamber slowing his pace just to be running behind this one hot chic when he can easily overtook her.

Anyway, I hope you got your wish of doing an Ironman someday soon. I’ll try to wait for you at the finish line, Terence.