Friday, March 09, 2007

Mission Suicide: KLIM 07

Yes. You read it right. Its mission suicide. Well, OK, its not really a suicide at all, I guess. Im just running 10k. But deep inside my expanding gut, me thinks it is.

Work has got all of it. Work has got me. Work has got my legs from running. Work has got my ass from sitting on a saddle for 3 hours. Work has got my swimming, or whatever you may call it.

Looking back, I have always wanted to run the marathon in KLIM. The real thing. The whole 41.195km of it. Years passed, and im still looking at the photo of me finishing a half-marathon in Singapore, back in 2004 at a painfully 2 h 24 mins.

Back then, I was just running no more than 10k a day as far as I can remember. There was no real structured training for me. Just log your mileage and hit the road on race day.

Now? I cant even log a decent 500m!
Oh, what am I whining about?

Regardless, my girl and I will be running KLIM in the 10k event next Sunday. I just hope i dont end up in the sweepers van. I hope to finish it. I have never DNF-ed before. Not even when Im the last person at some point during PD International Triathlon. I can still hear the words I was saying to myself during my endeavour in Singapore: "Just keep running, even if its slow. Just finish it".

Im going to repeat that mantra again come Sunday. And hey, you are already a winner by showing up at the starting line, arent you?

2 comments:

ZailanMY said...

bro,

see u this sunday. aku pun 10k gak.

Jaja Shah said...

c both ya there ;D