Wednesday, May 10, 2006

ITB

No that aint some sort of institution that you can join in. Its not even the name of a new tech gadget either. Its the the motherload of pain that has been bugging me after I run.

Iliotibial band syndrom. Its the ligamen that runs right down from your butt to your shin. When it comes down to the knee, it becomes narrow and some rubbing with the bone can occur. And that equals nagging pain.

Yesterday after my very short distance run (4k, duh!) my ITB started acting up again. Darn. Its just 4k!! Not even 10!!! I left the gym half limping coz it hurts.

Today, everytime I start to walk I stretch my ITB just to ease the pain. It helps luckily.

My guess is that there's some scar tissue there that keeps rubbing against the bone. Scar tissue. Remedy? Cortisone injection. Ahh...i heard it weakens the knee. Aduh...

I hate this pain!!

No comments: